Thursday, September 8, 2016

This Crazy Life tour: Gord Bamford

The Wolfe Brothers are headlining a new tour - more like a mini-festival - in October and they have a host of good talent with them, including Canadian-Australian country star Gord Bamford, who recently played the Gympie Muster. Gord has headed home for a few weeks, and then he'll be back - I asked him a few questions ahead of his return.




You have possibly the best country music name ever - is it real? 
Well thank you, yes it is!


You are Australian-Canadian - just how are Australian are you? Since you're about to tour here, I have to ask.
I was born in Austrailia and my mom and dad split up when I was 5.5 years old. My mother then brought my sister and I back to her home land in Alberta Canada. My dad and half-sister and two half-brothers stayed in Australia. I feel even though I left at a young age I am just as Aussie as when it happened. Lots to catch up on. 


You're now living in Tennessee – what do you miss about Canada?
I moved to Tennessee to continue to write songs,when I'm not on tour. I write for a publishing company called 'ole', miss lots about Canada but also have the great opportunity to see different parts of the world with my job. 


You're joining the Wolfe Brothers on tour - as well as some other Australian acts - have you met them before?
Yes, I have met the Wolfe Brothers, as well as a few of the artists that will be part of the tour. The brothers actually played in my band while we did the Gympie Muster. They are great people and musicians. 


When were you approached about the tour and how long did it take you to say 'yes'?
I have been very fortunate to have met Steve White and to have ABC Music sign me up. It's a great opportunity to see the country I was born in as well as get my music out to all the passionate country fans down under. It took 2 seconds to except the invite. 

You're also playing the Gympie Muster - how long will you be in Australia in total?
Gympie was fantastic, and I had a very heart-warming response. Was a quick trip as I head back for shows in Canada and the Canadian Country Music Awards before returning back for the month of August. 


Are you looking forward to any destinations in particular while you're in Australia?
I'm looking forward to all of it, it's a dream come true. 


You have a foundation – how did it start and what work does it do?
The Gord Bamford Foundation is currently in its 10th year and it started based around a charity golf tourney. It has raised just over 2.8 million dollars for youth and multi-use facilities right across Canada. It is 95% youth based and helps support things  like the Children's Hospitals, Make A Wish Foundations, Ronald McDonald Houses, Big Brothers and Sisters. Sports facilities, wheelchair accessible playgrounds as well. It's the most gratefully and single important thing I have ever been a part of and I am very proud of it. 

www.gordbamford.com

THIS CRAZY LIFE TOUR DATES
Friday 7 October 2016 | 8pm
Wrest Point Entertainment Centre, HOBART TAS
1300 795 257 | www.tixtas.com.au

Saturday 8 October 2016 | 8pm
Hotel Tasmania, LAUNCESTON TAS
1300 795 257 | www.tixtas.com.au

Friday 14 October 2016 | 8.30pm
Kay Street Entertainment Complex, TRARALGON VIC
(03) 5176 0463 | www.kayst.oztix.com.au

Saturday 15 October 2016 | 7.30pm
The Palms at Crown, MELBOURNE VIC

Friday 21 October 2016 | 8pm
Evan Theatre, Penrith Panthers, PENRITH NSW
(02) 4720 5555 | www.penrith.panthers.com.au

Saturday 22 October 2016 | 8.30pm
Wests New Lambton, NEWCASTLE NSW
(02) 4935 1200 | www.westsnewcastle.com.au

Friday 28 October 2016 | 8pm
Twin Towns Services Club, TWEED HEADS NSW
1800 014 014 | www.twintowns.com.au

Saturday 29 October 2016 | 8pm
Empire Theatre, TOOWOOMBA QLD
1300 655 299 | www.empiretheatre.com.au

No comments: