Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Nimbin Roots Festival: Caitlin Harnett

Sydney singer-songwriter Caitlin Harnett has won many fans with her two exceptional EPs and her album, The River Runs North. She is one of the artists appearing at Nimbin Roots Festival and I asked her a few questions about it.



What appeals to you about playing at Nimbin Roots?
I haven't been to Nimbin for years so I am looking forward to playing there again and to a whole new bunch of people. Plus its going to be a wonderful festival! A number of people I love and respect will be playing which is very special.

Who are you looking forward to seeing play at the festival?
My buddy Sam Newton! A musical gem, he is.

How do you like playing at festivals compared with other gigs?
Festivals have such a great energy and vibe. Everyone is there just for the music. Everyone is happy and relaxed. There is never a dull moment!

What's your favourite festival thus far?
Americana Fest in Nashville has definitely been my favourite so far.

Have you made artistic/creative connections at festivals?
I've definitely met a lot of people and forged some beautiful friendships.

What's next for you, writing/recording/travelling wise?
I am currently writing so that I can record my second album. I really hope to be able to return to Canada and do that at the end of this year.


Nimbin Roots Festival takes place on 17 to 18 September 2016.

No comments: